Fighting Lou Gehrig's Disease on Every Front!

Our Mission: To lead the fight to cure and treat ALS through global, cutting-edge research, and to empower people with Lou Gehrig’s disease and their families to live fuller lives by providing them with compassionate care and support.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

In My Shoes, poem by Ken Hoogenboom

If you were in my shoes, what would you do
Could you be happy or would you be blue
You're not able to stand, not able to walk
You're not able to lift your arms or to talk
Would you hold your head high, feel the same things
or be disappointed with what life brings
Would you look on the bright side, see what can be
or would you cry and say Oh! woe is me
Would you shun your friends, your family too
Would they even care to come and see you
In my shoes I hope you never will be
But it's not all sad as I hope you will see
There are so many things I can do if I try
I have never had a reason to sit down and cry
There is sunshine and joy in every day
that brings so much comfort and peace my way
Family and friends give me so much love
My courage and strength all come from above
No pity parties, no singing the blues.
I pray that you never walk in my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment